...I'm going to make a list. I like lists. They make me feel organized; and though I've realized lately that my obsessive organizational habits could in fact be a control issue, I'm probably not going to stop. Therefore: LIST
Of things from the last week.
1. My OT Survey professor is hilarious. During the first three classes of his I have learned and seen some very amazing things, such as:
a. Certain types of archaeology are sexy.
b. He had an entire conversation with himself playing the parts of two cavemen named Ug and Wad.
c. The Spirit of God brooded over the waters. Like a mother hen. So, he did a chicken dance. Really.
d. He also had a completely naked picture of Adam on the powerpoint. Yeah, 'cause thats not gonna make a bunch of immature college kids laugh. Right....
e. He thinks all of us should put any romantic notions out of our head for the next four years.
2. I learned how Papua New Guineans catch wild pigs. Er...at least how the did catch pigs in the Eightys. Fascinating, I promise!
3. My Professor for The Church and It's Doctrines is conceivably the funniest person on the face of the earth. A short list of good quotes:
First day: "That was a joke! Oh...you guys are still scared of me."
"Ladies, you've got to put up with two masters. And one of them is stupid"
"That is what Calvin and Hobbes...oh crap, I mean Calvin and Knox..."
"You guys want free relationship advice, I'll give it to you. If you are having trouble, you just come talk to me. I mean it, my wife and I will help you. And we'll help you break up if you need to. Last semester we got two couples together and broke one of them up!"
"(five minutes of story about when he was in the military)...and she bandaged me back up. (reflective pause.) She was sweet. (pause.) I would have married her in a minute if they'd let me. (pause.)...wait what was I talking about...oh yeah, God is invisible!"
"Guys, you keep that girl pure until you put a ring on that finger!! (impressive pause) That was free..."
"That's how it is at my house. You mess with the queen; You die at the hands of the king!!"
"Matthew 1:25 'but he had no union with her until after she gave birth to a son...' Do you guys know what 'until' means? It means up to a certain point. So afterwards, after Jesus was born. Joseph and Mary HAD A HONEYMOON!! At least six kids worth of honeymoon!!!"
4. My favorite place to sit in our livingroom is on top of the fireplace. We have a corner fireplace and there is this nice big shelf/mantel above it. I just steal Caitlin's body pillow and lay up there. It is seriously the best.
5. I love Winco. I just learned a bit of pointless trivia from Caitlin. It has a double meaning of "Winning Company" and WA, ID, NE, CO, & OR, the five states where they are found. However, they are now in Utah. So it doesn't work anymore.
6. Today in SLAC, my Professor was encouraging us to abstain from temporal things, and try things like fasting, etc. I almost raised my had and asked him if missing breakfast because you overslept was ok.
7. I made my roommate mad today. She was the last one home after morning classes; so when she walked through the door, I yelled down the stairs, "Miranda, can you come read my paper and tell me what you think??" *Audible sigh* Begrudging, "Sure..." She quickly forgave me though when she got to the top of the stairs and our whole house was standing there with a birthday cake and singing happy birthday. Lol...good times. I'm so tricky...
8. I spent so much time doing homework this weekend that my butt was literally sore.
9. Grace quotes:
"Oh, Tuna!!!!"
"It's too bad there aren't any of those kind around...they are all fat ministry guys!"
"Everything I say is on facebook!!!"
"Grace, you makin' a milkshake?" "Yeah!! With my milk!!"
10. Choir: I have fallen in love with singing. I know that compared to the Chicago chorale we are nothing. But, we sound good. And I'm learning all about things to do to make your voice work better. And I have so much fun doing stupid scales and things for warmups (Example: Noo-ne-noo-ne-noo-ne-noo-ne and singing entire songs with just the word "bah") Who knew you could do so many awesome things!! Ok, so everyone except me did...but hey, I am willing to bet I love it more than they do!!
11. Quotes you could Youtube that I have grown fond of shouting:
"What's your name, delicate!!!"
"John Piper...John Piper...Mr. John Piper!!"
"You think a man like me can't handle the regalness of the English Standard Version!?"
12. My lifetime fitness class is intense. It involves sitting in a classroom for 50 minutes. Yay. Not. (I really hope that those of you reading this understand the literary concept of irony. If you don't just skip this point.)
13. I took a 5 question quiz today in SLAC. I couldn't remember anything. The good news is I had a really great time laughing really hard with the two people next to me about how bad we all did (and one of them had a very nice smile). Well, if you're gonna fail, you might as well have company.
14. Finally, God is amazing. There is so much to take in here; I'm terrified I'm going to get too caught up in trying to do well scholastically that I'll miss all this incredible stuff. But at the same time, I can also see how brilliant it was of God to make me wait three years after HS for this. It isn't like I feel like I'm above the eighteen year olds; but it is very easy to see myself in them and realize how much more I appreciate some of the stuff I'm learning than I would have when I was their age. Really, most of them are very mature; I think God just needed some extra time to show me how much I need Him and His grace. You can take in a lot more when you come already knowing that you don't know much.
15. Well, this has been sufficient procrastination for one evening. Good Night. *Posts, Turns back to College Writing homework, Sigh*
PS: The butter is comes in a long flatter package. It is still quartered, but the quarters, instead of being about 4 inches long and an inch wide, are about 2 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. (I am bad at guesstimating sizes.) It's weird.
By the way, I realize #11 means nothing to you all, so here:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UUvqBoFwaM
By the way, I also realize that it probably won't be as funny to you.
you're right, they do have weird butter...... LOL.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having lots of fun!
Oh, do they burn in that fireplace? Could make for a very "toasty" place to lay atop of! LOL
1. Don't skip breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day, and include protein. Have you ever heard that before? :)
ReplyDelete2. What is your room mate going to do to you on Sept 17, your BD?
3. You like lists, just like your mom - Do I have control issues too? Yes!
4. Do you girls still run the AC and the fireplace at the same time?
5. Don't fall off the mantel!
6. I am glad you are enjoying the learning in and out of the classroom!
7. I love you! MOM
Since you're so good at making lists, you should make one for me for your b-day. Soon!
ReplyDeleteBecky the Mantlepiece. I like the mental picture.
ReplyDeleteI am sending you a box soon!!!I started doodling on your card envelope and.....it turned out amazing.:D I can't wait til you see it.
Decided to check for more breadcrumbs and was thrilled to find some fresh ones! Reading your journey is such joy and always makes me laugh :)
ReplyDelete